THE CHAMPIONS GOLF COURSE
Golf Digest Best Places to Play
The Champions Course at Bryan Park opened in 1990 and has proven to be a Rees Jones design masterpiece. This 18 hole championship golf course layout features 97 sand traps, numerous grass bunkers and hollows, and seven holes bordering scenic Lake Townsend. The Champions Course remains one of the Greensboro area’s most prestigious public courses.
The Champions Course has elevation changes, forced carries over water, tree-lined Bermudagrass fairways, and expansive holes leading to its MiniVerde Bermuda grass greens. The course layout has suitable yardages for players of all abilities. From the Blue Tees, Champions plays 7,255 yards with a course rating of 75.8 and a slope of 142. The White Tees at 6,577 yards (72.4/136), Seniors playing the Gold Tees at 5,904 yards (69.7/130) and Ladies playing the Red Tees at 5,252 yards (71.7/128) will enjoy the challenges of The Champions Course. There is also a hybrid tee box made from the White and Gold Tees.
Ranked in 1990 as the runner-up in Golf Digest’s Best New Public Courses and hosted the U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship in 2010, the course has since been ranked nationally year after year by major golf publications.
- Host to the Prestigious 2010 United States Public Links Championship
- Best New US Public Course, Runner Up – Golf Digest
- #9 Best in State, NC – Golf Digest
- #3 in NC, America’s 500 Best Places You Can Play – Golf Digest
- #12 Best Affordable US Golf Courses, America’s Best Golf Courses Everyone Can Play – Golf Digest
- One of the Best New US Public Courses, Top 10 You Can Play – Golf World
- One of the Top 12 NC Golf Courses – Tee Time Golf
- Best Golf Course, Reader’s Choice Tops in the Triad Contest – Greensboro News & Record
- #4 Top NC Public Course – North Carolina Magazine
- Top 100 Courses for Women – Golf For Women